Bärbel has been dancing Tango since 1997, teaching since 1999, and touring throughout Europe as dancer and teacher since 2006. Between 2006 and 2009, Bärbel spent a total of 11 months in Buenos Aires immersing herself completely in Tango.
She has taught both on her own, as well as with Tango dancers, Henrik Uldall (DK), Riku Kotiranta (SE), Nicolai Farver (DK), Rafael Busch (DE), Sabine Rohde (DE/DK), Antonio Midiri (IT), Johan Eckart Hansen (DK) and Paul Strudwick (UK).
Bärbel teaches in Danish, English, and German.
READ about Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar
In April 2008, Bärbel began DJ’ing, introducing her personal approach, combining a rich variety of traditional Tango music, throughout Europe. The music of the late nineteen twenties and thirties is Bärbel’s passion. In the course of an evening DJ’d by Bärbel, Tango dancers dance to music of Di Sarli, D’Arienzo, Canaro, Firpo, Calo, Fresedo, Biagi, among others. Always striving for an inspiring atmosphere, and to maintain effortless flow on the dance floor, Bärbel’s style is at once romantic, rhythmical and playful. A combination of Tango songs from the past, late forty Tanda, fast Valses, is only one of many examples of the atmospheres Bärbel likes to create for the dance floor.
READ about DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar
- “And I like to say that my preparation for becoming a tango DJ started with the first tango song I ever listened to at a milonga.” DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar , 10th January 2013 – The whole DJ Interview by Supersabino
- “(..) DJ’en ist immer ein Wechselspiel mit den Tänzern und es ist schön, wenn man als DJ einen Platz an der Tanzfläche hat und nicht in einer hinteren, dunklen Ecke „versteckt“ wird. Das erleichtert den Kontakt zu den Tänzern. (…)” DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar, Oktober 2014 – tangoinfo.ch – Interview mit Tango DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar
- Comments about DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar.
LISTEN to DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar’s music
- Roberto Firpo tanda – instrumentals
A very soft and calm tanda around one of her favourite tangos: Cotorrita de la Suerte, all from the late 20th.
- Enrique Rodriguez tanda – vocals
A very powerful and emotional tanda with songs mainly from the 50th.
In January 2009, Bärbel surrendered to her passion for Tango Argentino, and started her “one woman company”, Tanzbar | Bärbel Rücker. In addition to teaching, DJ’ing, and organizing Tanzbar Milongas in Copenhagen, she also DJ’s and dances at Tango festivals, Tango marathons, and milongas, throughout Europe. Likewise, besides teaching in Denmark, since founding Tanzbar, Bärbel has also taught Tango in Helsinki, Jyväskylä, Turku and Tampere [FI], Zürich [CH], Bochum, Lüdenscheid, Oldenburg, Mattstedt, Herford, Leipzig and Heidelberg [DE], Stockholm, Ås and Malmö [SE], Budapest [HU], Lodz [PL], Tarbes [FR], Catania and Messina [IT], Devon, Almondsbury and Tidenham [GB].
Please feel free to contact Tanzbar | Bärbel Rücker if you’d like to:
- Learn how to dance Tango Argentino
- Take private lessons
- Participate in group classes
- Dance to DJ Bärbel’s music
- Hire a Tango DJ
- Arrange a workshop
Tango is a dance for couples that originated in Argentina in the beginning of the 19th century. Dancing Tango is like speaking a language of the body, which the partners use to relate to both each other and the music. Improvisation and awareness is essential to Tango dancing. You can read more about the history of Tango e.g. on totango.net.