DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar is an experienced Tango DJ who has performed full evening music sets at Tango marathons, Tango festivals, and milongas in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Italy, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Germany, in the UK, Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland, Poland, Hungary, Greece, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey and Ukraine. She lives and teaches Tango in the UK. (DJ’ing & teaching in 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017).
Bärbel’s Tango DJ’ing approach includes songs mostly from the late 1920’s, 1930’s and 1940’s. In addition, her distinctive use of Cortinas provides a structure which further enhances the dancing experience (especially at bigger events so that dancers have the opportunity to change partners). Finally, her ability to adapt her selection of music to the multiple elements that make up a particular milonga is an aspect of Bärbel’s individual style which has become her unique signature. For example:
- The specific time of day or night the milonga is taking place
- The milonga venue and its environment
- The number of people present
- The skills of the dancers as observed on the floor
For more information, please contact Tanzbar | Bärbel Rücker.
LISTEN – DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar’s music
Two tanda’s you’ll find on the blog of Antti Suniala (FIN): “Tanda of the Week“:
- A very soft and calm tanda build up around one of her favourit tango songs “Cotorrita de la suerte”.
Tanda of the Week 50 / 2011 – Roberto Firpo
- listen to mp3.
- A very powerful and strong tanda with mostly songs from the 50th.
Tanda of the Week 22 / 2012 – Enrique Rodriguez
- listen to mp3.
READ – about DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar
- “I like to describe DJ’ing as a way of story telling. One song is already a little story. Combining 4 songs gives a little chapter. The combination of the tandas during the night creates the whole story.”
DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar , 10th January 2013
The whole interview: DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar – Interview by Supersabino.
- “(..) DJ’en ist immer ein Wechselspiel mit den Tänzern und es ist schön, wenn man als DJ einen Platz an der Tanzfläche hat und nicht in einer hinteren, dunklen Ecke „versteckt“ wird. Das erleichtert den Kontakt zu den Tänzern. (…)” DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar, Oktober 2014 – tangoinfo.ch – Interview mit Tango DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar
- What people says about DJ Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar’s dj’ing.
Comments about Bärbel Rücker | Tanzbar’s DJ sets